Leslie and I were married 11 years ago on June 19! I have been thinking of the past 11 years. A lot has happened. We have really “grown up” together. Here are a few things that come to my mind. This list is not organized into any particular order. These are the first few things that come to my mind. In these 11 years…
- We have had 3 daughters! They are now 9 years old, 6 years old, and 3 years old.
- We have been members of the same church.
- We have lost loved ones (a few family and friends have passed on).
- We have served in almost every ministry our church has.
- We have lived in 3 different countries (the USA, and our internship in Peru and Chile).
- We have been to 25 different states (on deputation).
- We have been on deputation for 1 year 3 months now.
- We have seen God do amazing things in ministry (seen souls saved, seen men answer God’s call on their lives, seen men trained for the ministry).
- We have watched God provide for us, even in hard financial times.
- We have learned each other (we are continually learning each other).
- We have both grown in Christ.
- We have dreamt of what God has for our future together.
In all of these things we have been together. She is my best friend and love.
Leslie is selfless, loving, and meek. She works very hard. She supports me. These 11 years have not always been the best, but because we have gone through them together, they have been special. She has seen me at my worst and at my best and she has loved me the same. I am blessed.
Happy Anniversary Leslie.