What a year! I have seen God move in our lives this year! We have been on deputation for all of 2015. It has been a very busy year. We are just a few months away from our departure to Argentina! The end of the year is usually a time of reflection, and that is exactly what I have been doing the past few days. Here are a few words that help describe 2015 for my family and I…
- Growth: I have grown spiritually. I have grown in faith. I have stepped out and believed God. Believing God has brought growth. I have seen our daughters grow, both physically and in maturity.
- Love: We meet brothers and sisters in Christ every Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Wednesday night. We have friends who pray for us from coast to coast. Leslie and I are very close. I love her very much. I have been reminded how important it is to keep our marriage right and to love her as Jesus loves the church! Our family is very close. Leslie and I have three daughters. We travel together and are very close. I am blessed by the love we have all together.
- Safety: We have seen horrific wrecks on the road. We have seen wreckage that was so bad, we could not figure out what kind of car was involved. In all of this God has kept us very safe. We have not had any accidents (with the exception of a run in I had with an owl). God has kept us safe.
- Partnering churches: That is what deputation is really all about. We need churches that will partner with us in prayer as well as churches that will partner with us financially. God has blessed this year with many partnering churches. We are still in need of more churches partnering with us and we believe God will bring this to pass in the coming months.
- Calling: Part of deputation is spending hours on the phone requesting to schedule meetings with churches of like faith to present what God is doing in our hearts. Multiple hours have been spent on the phone calling and re-calling churches.
- Traveling: We have had meetings in 21 states in 2015. We have travelled…a lot!
- Preaching and Presenting: Every church we are in I have the opportunity to present. The majority of the time I also am given the opportunity to preach as well. A preacher’s dream is to travel around the country and preach in different churches. That dream has been my life through 2015!
These words help describe 2015. What words will describe 2016? Departure. Argentina. Language learning. Preparing to plant churches and train men. Although we are not assured tomorrow, if God allows us to live and continues to bless, we believe these will be some of the words that will describe 2016!