“If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.”
― Steve Jobs
What is preparation? We have focused on five different posts on preparation but I have failed to really define the term. Preparation is the action or process of making ready or being made ready for use or consideration.
The “what” of preparation has been defined, we have spent a few posts on the how and where, but for this post, we will look further at a great place to prepare for the mission field. The Our Generation Training Center (OGTC) is a great place to prepare for the mission field. I know very few places like it. It is all about training for missions. Here are a few things that makes OGTC different and ideal for preparing to be missionaries.
- One on One time with veteran missionaries. At Our Generation Training Center, we have men you will spend time with every week (beyond just a classroom setting) that have been on the mission field, planted multiple churches that are continuing to grow, trained and sent out nationals to plant churches, and started Bible colleges on the field that continue to train men. This alone makes OGTC worth seriously considering.
- Time in a strong local church. While at OGTC, you will attend Vision Baptist Church in Alpharetta, GA. Pastor Austin Gardner (founder and President of OGTC) has planted churches here in the States and on the mission field. Vision is active in training and sending men to the mission field. This is an optimal time for any student to see the inner workings of a model church.
- Internship on the field with a proven missionary. You will spend 6 months of your time with OGTC on the mission field with a proven missionary. We have missionaries in Africa, Asia, Europe, and South America. You will learn the language, be involved in a church on the mission field, and learn from a missionary who is actively training men and planting churches.
- Mentorship. We all need mentorship. You will be mentored by Pastor Gardner at OGTC. This goes beyond just being an instructor or Pastor. Pastor Gardner will help build you to become the man you need to be to take the Gospel of Jesus to a people who have never heard it.
- Get an education. You will have Bible courses where you will learn doctrine and get an understanding of what the Bible specifically teaches. You will also have ministry courses. These courses are more practical “how to’s” like learning how to preach, operate a church, how to disciple and train men.
- Get Experience. You will preach and serve in different ministries at Vision Baptist Church. You will be involved with the staff in special days, outreach, and day to day serving in the church. You will baptize and lead in the Lord’s Supper.
These are just a few of the highlights to prepare at Our Generation Training Center. For more information, or to register as a student of OGTC, please click this link.
Preparation is time. You can invest by attending the Our Generation Training Center to be prepared for the mission field God has called you to.
Leave a Reply